I have a few features requests for the music plugin which I will combine in this feedback topic
1. The music plugin is really a data traffic monster once a lot of music is uploaded and played by users. Therefore monetizing is a must here so I would like to request a soundcloud lookalike feature:

For a Free user, you can upload a total of 180 minutes (3 hours). A Pro user can upload a total of 360 minutes (6 hours) and a Pro Unlimited user has no upload limit at all.

The max upload filesize also need to be set separate from the other plugins and core files.

It would be nice if the total minutes can be set by userroles, and like soundcloud, see on a dashboard how many minutes are spend.
2. It would be good if users are able to attach their song to multiple categories
3. By adding songs, it should be required to select one or more categories (see also 2). Instead of setting this afterwards
4. Add a breadcrumb on the top of each page. Currently sometimes it is very hard to navigate within the plugin
5. In the music menu, besides "music home", "browse albums", "browse songs", etc.. add a new menu item called "My songs". Users should get access to their files within 1 click instead of using the search function to find their own files
6. Create a preview function for listening mp3 files. A great tutorial how to arrange this can be found here:
The creator of this script doesn't create a new preview file based on the original, but it actually will be converted on the fly, which saves a lot of diskspace.
With this function you let musicians upload a preview of their song. People can listen to it, and when they like, for example, they can buy it in the moostore (as a digital file) or other store.
7. It is currently unable to "feature" an album or song. The function should be there because the "featured" album function is displayed at the album section
8. As mentioned in point 5, there should also be possibility to go to your favorites (album or songs) within 1 click via a menu option instead of using the search function....
9. Please disable the autoplay function when you embed a song. People are getting crazy once they share multiple on their site

Comments (6)
Mike  
"With this function you let musicians upload a preview of their song. People can listen to it, and when they like, for example, they can buy it in the moostore (as a digital file) or other store."

It would be great, I plan to install this plugin one day to allow "beginners" "street" musicien my region to put their music online at no cost, if they can sell via moo store and they can make a little money I would happy and your point of previem 30 seconds ... good for me, it can avoid going on a d...  more
ketkew  
I added point 9.. very important!
Mark  
Thanks for suggestions ketkew. Will review with production team and pick the one we can add into next version.
ketkew  
I suggest to pick them all
For me. I would really consider purchase of this plugin if it could have ajax ability to be uninterrupted sound playing as users switch pages with a sticky mp3 player. I seen another social network platform that did this by adding the music player to the top of the page and it ls looking really good to me. It is really important that people can listen to music uninterrupted and be free to move through the site without stopping and starting music with each page load.
ketkew  
That would be the best feature ever also for my new site. Its gonna be a music related community and really a must have
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.