It would be nice if the system logged which users requested to delete their account.
Reason is, I have had users contact me saying they can't log in to their account anymore, simply because they requested to delete, and I guess they forgot they did this. This way the admin can reply confidently that "on [date] you requested to permanently delete your account"
Log should record:
1. Username
2. User's Email
3. Date of delete request

Comments (9)
Why not make that user could delete his account.
Currently, the system doesn't allow it. User can request to delete his account, then a notification shows in the admin home page that a user requested to delete account, and admin must delete the account manually.

But that is not the point of my feedback.

I have had some users contact me saying they can't get into their account, and I try to look them up, and they are no longer in the database. I tell them this, and then I'm accused of deleting their account, when actually they probably forg...  more
I understand you, but it is difficult and additional work for the administrator. Why is there no "Delete Account" button instead of "Request to permanently delete my account" as on all other sites?
Either way, would be good to have a log for user deletes
Here, guys, we do not have the most useful things they need to keep users on the site

and you ask for things that do not matter
I've explained why this matters to me Georgios. We all have different sites with different purposes and dynamics. I don't know about you, but I'm quickly approaching 3,500 members. I gain MUCH MORE members than I lose.
Игорь, because we think admin should have control of users deletion and the contents associated with those users. Once a user is deleted everything related to that user will also be deleted as well. Currently, there isn't any log because of the reason above or the necessary for keeping this log. Mike, please contact us for customization if you think this is a must have feature for your site. Or, you can note it when a user is deleted.
Yes Ryan Nguyen, I have begun keeping a manual log of user deletes some time ago. Just thought it might be useful to others and probably couldn't hurt to have an automatic log. I know this is probably not the most necessary thing for most sites. Thought I'd suggest it on the chance it might be implemented in a future version.
Thank you for your understanding!
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.