Having the ability to send an e-mail to one specific member (or to send a copy of the PM as an e-mail--not just a notice that they have a PM, which does no good if they cannot log in) as a moderator tool would be useful. Currently, the e-mail options available to us are only for bulk e-mails. This makes it rather clunky if you need to e-mail a specific member (for example, to tell them why they have been suspended or banned). You have to log into the admin panel, look up their e-mail, log into your site e-mail somewhere else, and write the e-mail there.

Comments (6)
Thank you for the suggestion Holly, it's appreciated. Hopefully, this gets implemented.
There are email templates already available. See "Unapproved user" and "Inactive user" templates. You can personalize those templates to match your specific needs.
Holly  
Perhaps you could release a tutorial in how to use them for the purpose I described above? I see no way to send an e-mail to ONE specific user that isn't dependent on some action (them joining, them receiving a notification, etc). I want to send messages tailored to the specific user depending on their situation. It would not make sense to modify a deactivated user e-mail template that tells them they have been suspended for reason X, because some users deactivate on their own (so that message ...  more
Holly  
Any instructions for using the e-mail templates to e-mail a specific user? Since Ryan says it's possible, I'd like someone to walk me through the steps if possible.
Mark  
Can't send e-mail a specific user using the e-mail templates.
Holly  
Ok, thanks for confirming. Then I stand by my feedback suggestion to make it easier to do this for moderating our communities.
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.