Because I do not like to use services from the "big" networks like Google or Facebook, I was wondering if an integration could be done with openstreetmaps. (https://www.openstreetmap.org)

Comments (44)
Mark  
Matthew Shempert We do not have that option now, because even though we select for State/City to be required, it does not require them to enter it. It only requires Country, even if you choose for it to require Country, State, & City => already fixed this in 3.1.1 (release soon)
Mark  
"It's free why don't we use it right?" ketkew has very well summarized, we don't want to be attached to google, facebook, etc.
-> you're confused, youtube is from google, you wanted your members share video from youtube on your site but don't want to attach to google
ketkew  
We don't want to depend to API's from the big onces, that's different. And if you really don't want to connect to them (so also no youtube videos), then owners simply can disable sharing youtube videos.. but still can use the map function because it is openstreetmaps then..
Mike  
Mark "-> you're confused, youtube is from google"

Hum.. I use gmail for virtually all my login on forums or non-important sites.
There is good in Google, when we know what is ..google.

However, it would not occur to me to use a gmail address for my bank account, paypal, etc. etc.

Since we talk about this, you seem not to be able to understand that it is not free vs paid, it's a question of ethics ... and common sense.
I read that there were censorship problems in your country and I wonder if...  more
Mike  
ketkew " then owners simply can disable sharing youtube videos."
Are you talking about video owner at youtube ou moo site owner as me ?
The problem is that youtube is so popular now that members of your site will not understand why they can not share a video, just like on all sites.
Even the city hall of my city uses youtube lol
ketkew  
Thats for each network different Michel

Peo
ple on my adult network do not share any youtube or vimeo vids because they do upload only vids from theirselves (nudity is not allowed at YT).

But on my other network they will do, and therefore I do not want to use the API for that if its not required.
Mike  
I misunderstood I thought you were prposing an option in moo to no longer make youtube sharing of all

what solution have you find for videos of your adult site?
ketkew  
None, just using the standard. 99.9% is upload videos .. 0.01% just posting links to adult video sites.
Mike  
so you manage this yourself with video plugin?
ketkew  
Im not really understand what you mean
Mike  
lol, when you wrote "just using the standard." your talking from videos plugin ? your members upload video direct at your server ?
ketkew  
ok I get it Yes standard video plugin and video upload plugin. All videos will be uploaded to s3 storage
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.