Personal messages are very tedious when two members are discussing, to see the new message you have to go back to the home page, see the notification that you have a new message, and reopen the message to read it
There should be a way not to leave the conversation when a new message is sent

Comments (27)
ketkew  
the "first chat platform" is actually not a "chat" platform, but a private/direct message platform which is integrated into the core of mooSocial. You are not able to disable this message system and works completely separate from the mooChat plugin. The only connection is that chat messages which are send via the mooChat plugin, are also received by the private message system. This is done to see the chat history. I agree, this is not the best solution, as it maybe confuse people, but right now ...  more
Thank you. Probably not the best way, but your explanation defiantly helps me understand how to implement it into my app.
Mike  
ketkew "I agree, this is not the best solution, as it maybe confuse people"

thank you I ended up understanding what I could not understand until now
It definitely seems that IF a member adds MooChat or another Chat platform, it should become the primary and only way to send and receive messages. If it's not, it becomes confusing to users of the app. They go back and forth between the in-bedded chat, and the add on chat, probably thinking they are the same thing and then get confused. It's easy to understand why they would do that, because it makes no sense why to add a second chat onto an app. I really hope this is addressed in 3.1.1/1.3.
Mike  
I think solution is to separate things in two ... 1 include a light chat like on facebook begining, coupled with private messages as it should be the case, with no video option and all the trimmings that everyone asks all the time AND the chat plugin with video call etc . If we buy and install plugin it completely replaces the first one ..
I've just disabled Chat Plugin. It's too confusing to users, and doesn't really add much functionality. As it is, you select "Chat History" to see the Chats, but it just reroutes to Message history which is what we wanted to upgrade from. Friends Online can be changed to Offline & Online Friends Shown, but those that messaged you last don't stay at the top so it doesn't function like a Chat should. I'm kinda disappointed that a lot of the plugins don't work like they should, and to rewrite the c...  more
Got my first complaint from a user. “You need to make messages more simplified.”
I hope sometime in the future to do this, I do not see it coming soon

From something like this, users are leaving the site, and more
Yea...I thought it was bad at first when there were 2 chats and users were getting confused on which to use. Now, I dont know why but the Chat Plugin just stopped working on the website, still works on the Android app. I can make the Chat plugin REPLACE the old chat, but if I do Chat will not work on the website. My members only want to chat ANYWHERE else other than my app, and hurry to go chat else where once they meet. Stressed.
I just hope someone is not changing settings behind the scenes, then leaving me to figure out what got changed and how I need to fix it. It is just strange, cause I had it working it just wasn't working like I thought it should. Then I get an email saying they "fixed it" and then it was not working at all....scares me that someone may go in and make changes to my site without letting me know WHAT they are doing....
Many times I have found that the Administrator is logged in and I do not know why

An explanation, I HAVE CONNECTED, to correct this problem, so that I too know
Mike  
Matthew Shempert "Then I get an email saying they "fixed it" and then it was not working at all....scares me that someone may go in and make changes to my site without letting me know WHAT they are doing...."

it's always like that, and if you do custom work you pay but you do not receive a change list,
We already warn on this subject but it is useless.
This is one of the reasons why I do not do custom work, I know they do not live up to the standards in Europe.
That's, and the fact that the na...  more
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.