I need to upgrade my dedicated server and I wanted to do it first time right.
Now I'm running mysql 5.5 which is END OF LIFE in December 2018.
So my question is, will mooSocial 3.1 (or 3.1.1) be compatible with MySQL version 5.7 or 5.8? (because 5.6 ended in Februari 2018, and I do not have extended support)

Comments (21)
ketkew  
thats mostly the limitation of a shared/vps hosting instead of dedicated. Maybe contact your hosting provider
Mike  
bah I will wait, 3.1.1 is coming and it should be compatible with php 7.2 normally
ketkew  
Ok, I have just installed MySQL 5.7.25 and php 7.1.27.

A fresh installation of mooSocial 3.1 does not work. You receive a database error (BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'blablabla' can't have a default value)

But if I install mooSocial 3.0.2. it install succesfully
Ok next step.. try to upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.1 .. see if that works..

Keep you posted
ketkew. The one difference I have with what you just tried was I’m running PHP 7.2.16 where you tried 7.1.27. My domain itself is 7.1, though I’m not sure where that comes into play.
ketkew. Also, it was a fresh install I did. I had trouble doing the upgrade from 3.0.2.
Mike  
Mark can you confim please that next coming version would be compatible with php 7.2 ?
ketkew  
soo, I've learned that upgrading moo 3.0.2 to 3.1 does not work on my php/mysql configuration. The upgrade screen is displayed correctly, but the "proceed" button is disabled. The permission message is not valid because I did chmod permission on that directory correctly. So, I'm stuck here.
ketkew  
I think i'm gonna role back everything back because this won't work
ketkew  
damn you moo, it's not chmod 755 .. but 777 .. now the upgrade has been done succesfully!
Mike  
pffff the more we advance it's worse and worse :/
ketkew  
It's not worse, things should be documented and tested some more
ketkew  
lucky I did not downgrade my complete server for this
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.