OK, I've been struggling about this email problems for a while, Finally I have switched my mail delivery servers with a private transactional mail delivery server company. But on second day my account again reached to limit and exceeded. Guess why?
Because in MooSocial, sending Friend Request's are one click easy, as you know you can just go to ''Peoples'' page and abuse this feature by tapping/clicking ''Request Friend'' button to everyone.
So someone just sent over 100 friend requests in 5 minutes which caused my delivery servers to exceed limits.
On some websites there is a way to block this action. For example when a user constantly sends friend requests (like 10 in 5 minutes) they get warning which says ''You will be able to send friend requests again after 30 minutes''.
As I said before, The more your website grows the more problems appears. So I think now we need this feature as well.

Comments (19)
That’s a good idea. It would be helpful to limit how many friend request can be sent per hour. Luckily (or unfortunately) so far few of my members care to add other friends.
Mark  
wow, it's critical bug. Will get this fixed asap. Thanks for reporting
Mark  
In the meantime, please make sure that you enable Email Queue. See below screenshot
Mark  
Two ways to fix this issue:

1. Disable email sending for add friends. Only send notification.
2. Only allow to send max 100 friend request perday. If they try to send more request, system will show warning message 'You will be able to send friend requests again tomorrow''.
ketkew  
Maybe you can add option 2 for the user roles. Set per userroles how many friend requests may done.
Mark Yeah since that happened I keep queue enabled now.
50 or 100 mails at once still enough to stress the server. Let's just do it how fetlife done it. Allow up to 10-15 friend requests per hour or 30 minutes. I got blacklisted by 50 friend request mails already because he sent 50 mails within 5 minutes. Meanwhile site is already constantly sending ''Notification Summery'' mails so when he suddenly sent 50 mails it created pressure. Please check this video, you will understand https://gyazo.com/5dc40c5070d848e34285ccf30fb62c1a
Mike  
sorry a little of topic but ... frankly I ask myself a question, you all personally.... have you already used this function on a site? I mean you've already invited 50 or 100 friends to join a site? I may not have enough friends lol, I do not really see in which CONCRET case someone needs this. except admin when he sent email to all members of course
I didn't get your question mate. Are you asking me if I invited all members to website or are you talking about the dude who spammed over 50 friend requests in 5 minutes? No he didn't know nobody, because it's a kink community website, sometime men can go nuts and spam friend request to entire women they see on the ''people'' page.
Mike  
I wanted to know the profile of people who use this function but thank you to answer my question.
Male behavior is fantastically funny anyway lol
Mark  
so, the solution will be: allow to send up to xx request in within yy minutes. The xx and yy can be configured in admin panel. Default value is 30 and 20
Robert  
Mark your response (In the meantime, please make sure that you enable Email Queue. See below screenshot ) I have the same issue but tech support told me just the opposite they change mine too ( No, always send emails immediately) to many of email were defering and cloging up for days i would have to go to mail and delete or verify the email my self by hand I do still have the same problem as described here bot just as often so my site is running on the other setting then you suggest here but ...  more
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.