Enter person's name Or select a friend
Submit Cancel
keyboard_arrow_right
Posted by Enrico on 03/15/18 at 05:53
Comments (19)
Jing Gu  
Enrico, how is the quality and stability? How many people you can support each Live session?
Jing Gu  
Enrico, we would like to set up our site like yours.1) do you have any documentation on how to set up?2) how much server capacity is required to support 25 and 50 members.3) what kind of hardware ( I. E. Webcam) is required?4) what configuration is required for CometChat?...  more
Enrico  
Sorry I haven't responded sooner to all the posts and questions about my site. I don't always get notifications when someone responds to one of my posts on here, . Anyway, here are my responses. I apologize for the long post.

On the number of viewers on my LIVE streams, it can support thousands. I use the Livestream service with a Mevo+. See more detail below.

1) do you have any documentation on how to set up? - I'm using all of the features of moo. The other pieces I have are implemente...  more
Jing Gu  
Enrico, this is very helpful.

Do you use a streaming software like OBS or Wirecast etc to enable streaming?

If we want to have something like this, each group on our site has its own streaming, does this mean we will have to get some third party solutions to enable streaming? Or it is possible to set it up leveraging existing Google solutions like Google Hangout.

Thanks a lot.

Jing
Jing Gu  
Enrico, what do you think of using CometChat as vs YouTube for a streaming event?
Enrico  
I use a variety of streaming solutions. Livestream, Youtube LIVE, OBS (once), and Teradek (Vidiu). It depends on how elaborate I want to get with the stream. For my needs, a single camera view is fine for a live stream. A webcam could work but with the Mevo I can setup multiple zoom locations so it looks like I have more than one camera.

I haven't used Google Hangout as a delivery mechanism for any of my streams. Again, it will depend on what you are trying to stream, if you want to keep t...  more
Jing Gu  
Enrico, we have many questions. Do you have time to chat?
Jing Gu  
Enrico, we have listed some questions via the private message.
Enrico  
Responded to your question in PM. Let me know in a PM where you are located so I can be available when we are both awake. : )
Robert  
I have a liove set up and works great so now when the live ends will it pick right up when they go live again ?

Robert  
Will that same code work for facebook live stream ?

Enrico  
Rob Dehaven Just read your post. I use Livestream for Mevo ($10/month) to distribute live streams to multiple platforms at the same time (Twitter (Periscope), Twitch, Youtube, Joicast (which can add even more destinations), RTMP (my sites). Facebook policy prohibits streaming to any other platforms but their own and or Livestream at the same time. Since most of my followers are on Twitter, Instagram, I don't stream to FB. Instead I push people from Facebook to my Public accessible stream on ...  more
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.