Group Privacy

In the Groups, when you make a group, no matter what you do, no matter whether it's Private or Restricted, it still posts in the home feed... It shouldn't do that where all regular members can see them, yet it does... Private should only show to members of that group, and restricted shouldn't show at all until the members of the restricted group goes into the group and then they can see the posts...

I hope this will be fixed this way so member of groups can have their privacy... I lose members because of it... They want their groups to be private and the restricted to be restricted, not publicly posted...
Posted in General Discussion on 10/15/17 at 01:19
Comments (18)
We also need an "Invite Friends" in the Groups... Right now there is no way to do it...
VinnyS  
OK News Bug after you access your Private Group you will see in the upper right hand of the group 3 dots left click on the dots and under that you will see Invite Friends...
Ya know VinnyS I never noticed that! Thanks!
Robert  
I was shown the answer to this a long time ago but i have lost the fix through upgrades Restricted did not show in feed to non members of group by removing a line of code that that says echo this and it worked great until an upgrade and now I can not remember who showed me the correct file path and string to remove But this is what everu one is r was asking publick should show in feed private as it and restricted should only show to members of group
Mike  
Robert "publick should show in feed private as it and restricted should only show to members of group "
It's still not settled since 2017 ?
Robert  
PUBLIC SHOULD SHOW PUBLIC
RESTRICTED SHOULD SHOW TO MEMBERS ONLY
PRIVATE MEMBERS OR NO ONE
Robert  
Michel My groups restricted setting shows to all members in the feed is this a bug in my script this is a hard question to ask because then everyone goes into this mode
Mike  
This topic is a little old, whe must ask ketkew to cheek if what he said in 2017 concerning 2.6 is still up to date on actual latest version
Robert  
hhahaha this is most misunderstood question i ever seen on here I'm not asking what each setting does i'm making a statement that is not right restricted should be not seen by everyone in feed just members only
ketkew  
The groups permissions did not change, but I understand what Robert mean. Maybe a new group permission should be created... a sort of a "closed restricted" group. Which is visible for everybody, but only the content within for group members.
Ok. I have read through all of this thread. I understand how it is "supposed" to work however, we have a Private group setup and all comments and discussion shows up in the feed where anyone can see it. All members... not just those who are members of the group can see it. And before you ask... yes it was checked and rechecked by a normal member account that didn't have any admin rights.

This is really BAD. There needs to be a type of Group that the messages are completely private and only see...  more
Robert  
I THINK ? uncheckng the " View feed from all members" option in role setting. also works with the follow button when unchecked members will also need to follow to see
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.