Patch Available for Facebook Login Issue Due to Recent Facebook SDK Update

Patch Available for Facebook Login Issue Due to Recent Facebook SDK Update
Your users might be having problems when using their facebook accounts to signup/signin your social network site if you are currently using Facebook Login Integration. This is due to a recent Facebook SDK update which causes our integration method to no longer work. We have released a patch to address this problem. Please head over to our Client Area to download file called "mooSocial-3.0.0.Patch1.zip" and update your site accordingly. After updated code into your site please go to change your facebook api setting https://developers.facebook.com/ -> select your app -> Facebook Login -> Setting -> at "Use Strict Mode for Redirect URIs " change to Yes option and click Save Changes button

The new Facebook SDK update requires PHP 5.4 and above. So make sure your hosting supports this for the integration to work.

Regards,
mooSocial Team
Posted in Announcements on 03/01/18 at 03:58
Comments (10)
Does this patch work even with previous moo versions?
What about facebook logins via the app. Mine keeps crapping out after about 3 days. Really, really annoying.
Fabio  
I always suggest to dont use social login..
if some people appreciate your social network they can spend 1 minute of life to register manually one account lol
Social login helps get profile pictures ... the force profile pic in moosocial is broken so, unless you want a site full of no avatars ....
ketkew  
I simply do not want such social login feature because I don't want letting FB, google etc touching my network. But I understand if other networks want to use it because some users are used to the big networks.

I don't experience any problems with the force profile pic.
Was this resolved with version 3.0.2 because I can't get the integration feature to work. This is the error I get.
Mark  
seems that your facebook app settings is not correct. Kent Lam (mooSupport) please give some advice.
Hi, Devin Wiley,

Please help me submit a ticket, we will help you check via ticket.

Thanks,
Kent,
It appears that this "feature" requires user_friends which needs approval from facebook. Has anyone gotten this done?
Hi Adam,

Now facebook login do not need " user_friends"permisson from facebook, so if your "Scope field" at "yoursiteurl/admin/social/facebook/" have "user_friends" please help me remove it and check again.

Thanks,
Kent,
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.