Google and proxi search ?

In group: Business directory plugin
I made site and plugin updates and now I have two problems

1) when I want to put an address I have a google error message when before there was none. .

2) Proximity search no longer works either in this plug in
Did you change something? it no longer works without google? .

Posted in on 02/25/19 at 14:05
Comments (25)
Mike  
Well I have to install a test site all clean quickly, I'm going back to the moo 2.5 version with the very first version of this plugin and it's so damn, the "google neaded" option killed the simplicte of this script for whitout use google. :/

Why, despite the fact that this google policy change took place in 2018, it still worked on my site?
I do not know, I just remember that after updating this plugin, I saw that in the options of places/locations I had something duplicate (country) I delete ...  more
Mike  
Can someone explain me please what is the point of finally using a country and cities here?
Mike  
because in this block these are cities that I go into the admin, so logically, google or not google, if I click on a city I should have the list of all entries with this name of city no?
I'm talking about entries that are entered in directory, with the same city name, it must go in the database and not ask google

That's not how it works?
Mike  
Proxiimity search, need for google, it's obligatory for this kind of thing, but it's not the subject of which I speak, I knew from beginning that I would not use that, my goal it was to stay simple.
Mark  
You confused me Michel, please summary your problems with business directory then let's discuss based on the summary.
Mike  
* edit for privacy about site plan
Mark  
I understood now but need to do via custom work.
Mike  
HUm.. it will already have to digest that all that I had planned for my site is dead for now. ---Custome work yes hum ... how do you see that ?1) I'll have to ask to modify each plugin to use search by city ?Event, business, and other? custom work for each one ?2) Do you have a global solution in mind ? perhaps a solution you can make in core and then all is ok for search by city ? as I explained above ? for all site .....  more
Mike  
Mark Kent Lam (mooSupport)

Ok no reply .. do you know what? I made a discovery last night ..
So from today I consider the problem of the google app mandatory as a bug
Same think for video link posting from youtube, this is a buggy so please fix this !
Mark  
For custom work request, please send a ticket please. For bug report, please post a feedback section.
Mark  
1) I'll have to ask to modify each plugin to use search by city ?
Event, business, and other? custom work for each one ?

-> Yes, have to do that.

2) Do you have a global solution in mind ? perhaps a solution you can make in core and then all is ok for search by city ? as I explained above ? for all site ..

-> for core, we just need to add location fields into member profile (already supported), for each plugin that you need to support location search, we need to add location field and mod...  more
Mike  
Mark I relaunch this discussion,
I installed a clean version 3.1.5 and the last version of plugin
and there are things that I do not understand.
I looked on demo site and I didn't understand either
https://addons.moosocial.com/

But first a question, is this plugin up to date on demo site and configured correctly?
with google or openstreetmap?
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.