I'm very unhappy about the fact that when I've tried to log in a few times, instead of taking me through and confirming my login, it instead of throwing up a PHP error code.
I would like to avoid this when an error occurs. I would like to see a way that nobody ever sees's the site error as it's so unprofessional and could drive away investors/business'/companies/members - who're looking for a high-quality community.
Is this something that is forever or will this be fixed? There seem to be too many bugs for this update to not be implemented.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be working on it myself aswell, but this needs to e sorted.

Comments (15)
that's a php error. if you don't see the code, how would you know the cause to troubleshoot? Again, please make sure which is the script's error and which is caused by server setup, settings.
Putting it in a log file instead of a member being able to see it?
If it tries to throw an error, it should be automatically directed to an error page rather than displaying the code.
Again, please be specific about the errors you get and steps to reproduce. My team will be glad to look into those and fix them for you if determined those bugs are cause by our script.
Okay, once you receive ANY PHP error with the script on the site, it will show you the php error and line etc.

I DO NOT WANT MY COMMUNITY TO SEE THESE ERRORS - That is my point.

My solution suggestion: Create a dedicated error page that looks nice and professional and sends the error to a log file for the developer to revise OR redirects them to home page whilst the error is logged, on a private log file.
Sounds to me like your server is the problem... It sounds like the "expose_errors" is turned on in the cPanel/WHM system configuration in the php configuration...
We will not intervene or be able to if these errors are not caused by our script. Check your site's system mode and make sure it run in "Production" mode if you believe these error messages were caused by our script. Go to System Settings > System Mode to check.

Production Mode: No error messages, errors, or warnings shown. Flash messages redirect.Development Mode: 1: Errors and warnings shown, model caches refreshed, flash messages halted. 2: As in 1, but also with full debug messages and SQL ...  more
This is an example, Here I was on Ketkews profile, I walked away from my PC and happend to be logged out or timed out of session. When I then try to log back in I receive this error:

This should not show - I would like instead of the error message to show, they are directed to the homepage or the previous page I was viewing before I was automatically logged/timed out.
Kent Lam (mooSupport) please check and fix! Callum, thanks for reporting, we will check and fix (settings or bugs) and apply the fix to the next version if necessary. Thanks!
If I may be so bold, waiting for "the next version" can be many weeks, and more often, months. I hope mooTeam can develop a way for important bugs/issues to be corrected much faster.
Hi,

Please post a ticket, and give me know your site info, we will help you to fix it.

Thanks,
Kent,
Thank you for understanding my issue.
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.