This has nothing to do with the latest version, it's been like that for longer.

When in the admin, you choose not to use time zone, and you do not allow users to change why then in Event (for example) we can choose a time zone? Not only in Event, time zone is displayed in several plugin, despite the fact that we do not want it!
Logically if in system parameters we say we do not want to activate time zone we should not even have time zone fields in plugin or on site.

I take this opportunity to ask a question, when a member posts an event, on my site, the time zone by default is not set on the one I defined in the admin ... a solution?

Comments (5)
Mark  
The timezone setting is admin panel is only for sign up (user profile), for event, business,...it's separate. We need time zone for event, business.... because it does not make sense to set start, end date/time without time zone.
Mike  
"because it does not make sense to set start, end date/time without time zone"

I do not understand this statement.
On all scripts or plugin of the world we can choose a start and end date for events
This is the basic principle of event management.

The display of the time zone has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Why does a German, French, Italian or any other country have to manage a time zone for local events? or for local business?
-----
How can I fixe defaut time zone in event plugin ? ...  more
Mike  
A thousand thanks Tung Vu
Your answer in Jens Steinführer question about time zone solved my problem about defaut time in event
---
Ok people, to set your site defaut time zone for event or surely other plugin, do this:

1 - Open file app\View\Helper\MooHelper.php find "getTimeZones()"
2 - Around line 439 change "pacific/kwajalein" to fit your need.
In my case i changed for 'Europe/Paris" an now, by defaut, when someone post a event it show the right time zone

Mike  
Well for me the problem is solved.
Now, I have only one time zone, ours, on all the site.
Later I would delete display of this field in the different views and voilà ^^
Mark You can change statut of this feedback if you wich, thank you
Mike  
I forget to mention: to solve this problem for futur, make it so that ligne 439 of the screen i posted, hold info from what is set in moo admin for default time zone, thank's
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.