Enter person's name Or select a friend
Submit Cancel
keyboard_arrow_left keyboard_arrow_right
Posted by Mark on 11/23/17 at 02:05
Comments (16)
Mark  
nice suggestion Mike Reynolds will check to see if we can do that, if yes will add an option for admincp to force member to go to "Edit profile" page if the % complete is not 100%
well yeah, otherwise, it's not a "force". If they can still use the site without profile completeness, this plugin is essentially useless, and the word "force" should not be used in it's description. It would be misleading.

I want function, not decoration.
Even without this profile completeness plugin, any profile items admin marks as required can be filled in on sign up, but then members can simply change it once they are joined (as many on my site have done), and so they have required profile items blank. This function of forcing users to fill in required profile items should really be part of it's core functionality. Otherwise, "required" is utterly useless.
I have created this, and I think that is enough
Certainly I won't buy this plugin unless it actually does FORCE users to complete required profile items. I don't want to "encourage" them to fill in their profiles. I want to FORCE them. I've already tried many forms of encouragement. They don't work. Many members need to be forced to do it, and the site should redirect every user with incomplete required items to their profile edit page no matter what they click.

Anything less than that is purely a useless decoration.
you can not force anyone to do something that he does not want.

And if you demand it very simply, it will go away which is the most likely ..
Eric  
Mark nice test with MooBook so it is fine
ketkew  
force would be good as an option as set by an admin
ketkew, yes, that's all I'm asking. Make it optional for those who want to FORCE profile completeness.

One of the most frequent complaints from my members is "Hey, this is supposed to be a social network. If I can't find people based on certain profile criteria, especially location to find people near me, what good is it?"

And I agree. But the script currently has no ability to force users to maintain required profile items.

GeorgiosT may have a different type of site, and that's fine. But ...  more
I agree my friend Mike Reynolds, but you can not force them, you have to do it in such a way that they want to do it on their own
I have tried many ways GeorgiosT, and a year later, there's still a huge number of members who do not maintain required profile info. So in the case of my site, it needs to be forced. And if/when mooSocial makes the script capable of doing so, I will force them. If some members don't like it, they are welcome to leave my site. Those are the kind of members I don't want on my site.
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.