I would like an enhancement to be made to the Credit plugin OR a similar plugin to be created where a member can "Tip" a piece of content.
For example:
User 1 uploads a photo / video / blog post
User 2 likes the photo and then clicks the "tip" button (separate to the like button). When the "tip" button is click - the person who uploaded the content (User 1) receives a credit.

Comments (11)
ketkew  
..or when the tip button is clicked the user can decide how many credits he/she want to send to the user
mark  
This functionality would be a game changer. Currently Facebook / You tube DO NOT HAVE DIRECT MONETIZATION FOR CREATORS. Therefore this functionality would be a great way to attract creators to your site / platform.
ketkew  
it would also be amazing to see how many credits a user has earned by donation. With this monetization could be raised to a higher level because users can get actually be paid (real money) for the credits they earn.
mark  
FYI I took this idea from vidme - they have done a nice job implementing it
ketkew  
yep I know vid.me great work done indeed.
that's nice idea
This is a very nice suggestion. You can turn your site into a content market and earn % for credits/content/activity exchange. Why don't we list all usage possibilities to see how far we can take this to.

1. Content creator can set a fixed amount or a minimum amount
2. Content creator can charge for content (need to pay before view, download...)
3. Which other activities do you think we could make use of credits?
mark  
Glad you like it Ryan, let’s make it happen! I would suggest keeping it simple. Just add a “tip” button next to the like button for a 1 credit tip (maybe give the admins an option to change this to a set amount e.g. 2 credits / 10 credits. I would prefer it to be a tipping feature rather than a content restriction feature as most people are unwilling to pay for content but feel indebted to tip. Also the above functionality would be relatively easy to implement as it’s an add on to the credit plu...  more
mark  
Also I would let people tip for videos, photos and blog posts
mark  
How is it that this has 5 votes (the most in suggestions)- yet its still "Open"?
really nice suggestion, as for video views ads click, creator can earn,, like a perfect solution for engagement, no one has free time, and time is money, if someone is giving time to your site he/she can also earn some bucks,

also specify if a blog post is viewed / liked per 1000 times can get 1 credit, 10 credit etc,
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.