I know that the current Mp3 Music plugin does have a section for terms and service, but if you gonna run a website and use this plugin you have only one good option: paying the royalties to music organizations per country worldwide. (not an option for most of us)
Mentioning your upload policy in your terms in not enough these days. It should be mentioned and be visible for each uploaded entry (music and/or video).
This also should be applicable for the Video upload plugin.
Therefore I would like to suggest a integration of the Creative Commons license for mooSocial. This integration should work with video upload and the Mp3 Music plugin at least.
Here is an example how this could be implemented:

Comments (10)
Your suggestions are very good and useful but the problem is that 10 people are here to vote, I doubt if they are ever implemented
ketkew  
I suppose this is the only place to request, so I did
And you have done very well, our question is when it will materialize if it is implemented
Mike  
Ohh I have never noticed that .. ketkew there are only two votes .. so I guess as you are creator of feedback you can not vote that's it ?
Mike  
GeorgiosT on this type of suggestion, vote should not count lol, as it flows under the good sense, it should be integrated urgently ! Unless of course all of us suddenly became creators, musicians, artists and we will publish our works
Mark  
ketkew do you have any reference site that is integrated with Creative Commons license?
ketkew  
Youtube, soundcloud... if you both upload files then you need to select which lisense you use.

YT: youtube license or creative commons
SC: all rights reserved or creative commons
Mark  
so, we need to add check-boxes for member to select license type when uploading music or video right?
ketkew  
Yes, and not only a checkbox, but adding the correct meta data per file so that certain search meganisms are able to find the licensed file.

here you can read some examples how the big networks have arranged this:

https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/Publish

and here you can read about the meta information (choose for 'have a webpage&#039:

https://creativecommons.org/choose/#metadata
ketkew  
As I start my new site in a while Im gonna setup it with this in my terms. This is the terms policy once you create a new album. But this is way not enough as I explained earlier.
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.