Using the "@" function to mention someone in a comment

On here and on my own site, when Using the "@" function to mention someone in a comment it only seems to give me the option of mentioning friends and not everyone, is this normal, is there an option in the cpanel I've not seen, any help appreciated 
FINBARR BURKE Basic on 04/29/19 at 05:07 in mooSocial features
2 Answer(s)
I saw in another script that we could tag all participants in discussion, friends or not, I found it really well
Mike Basic on 04/30/19 at 07:59
@Michel not sure I understand your comment, did you mean someone else has done customisation in moosocial to achieve this?
on 05/01/19 at 03:36

Mike Basic

woww sorry for delay, I did not know that there were no notifications for "Question" I had not seen your answer ..
No I do not speak of moo, I saw it in another script, it surprised me, but it's really convenient, I think it enriches the conversations, in any case if it's possible elsewhere ... must be possible in moo too ^^
on 05/02/19 at 22:35
no worries Michel, that was a perfect example really, if I had mentioned you (as non-friend) you'd have got a notification.

This works really well on LinkedIn where people use it to bring people they know into a discussion of interest, also used as a personal touch in thanking people etc.
on 05/06/19 at 04:53

Mike Basic

in the example that I saw you could tag all participants of the thread, it was not bad
It is really painful the lack of notifications in Questions if we forget to come, other people believe that we are roguish hahah
on 05/08/19 at 10:19
Mentioning currently only works for friends.
ketkew Bronze badges on 04/29/19 at 05:23
once again, thanks Ketkew, is it something that is easily changed to be universal, ie changing a line or two of code
on 04/29/19 at 05:40

Mark Gold badges

yes, can be changed the code to make it works as requested but it's not recommended. You can be mentioned (get notification) from someone who is not your friends if you enable that. It will be very annoying.
on 05/05/19 at 08:52
Hi Mark, it works really well on LinkedIn, and my site is moving a community across from there so it will work well for me, but really trying to find out how easy/hard it is to do, and 'how' if it's easy
on 05/06/19 at 04:21
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.