Reported Content - Options

If a user reports content two things come to mind.

1. Is there a way for the system to automatically notify Admin that there is a report to be seen - rather than wait for us to go manually checking.

2. If there IS a report, is there anything we can EASILY do if needed to persuade the user to behave? Eg: An easy way to mute them for 24 hours / 3 days etc?

At the moment, I cannot see what we can EASILY do if someone has been reported. If there are only one or two people that need to have their account limited, I suppose we could manually set them to a special level which has very few options - but that would be impractical as the platform grows and there may be many reports per day.

It's great to have the ability for users to report a bad post - but it would be even better if there was something we could do with a click of a button as a consequence - eg: Mute For 24 Hours, Mute for 3 days etc.

Would like to hear how others are handling a user that is not "bad enough to delete" - but cannot keep just ignoring their behaviour without ANY consequence.

Many thanks
Mark
Guy Tibbert Basic on 12/20/21 at 13:50 in mooSocial features
2 Answer(s)
Hi Tibbert,

1. Currently, it sends notification in admin panel https://gyazo.com/86348b1f8ae18ff8461659b59c6b8dcd, not sure if it's enough or we should send email? please suggest
2. It's great to have the ability for users to report a bad post - but it would be even better if there was something we could do with a click of a button as a consequence - eg: Mute For 24 Hours, Mute for 3 days etc.
-> "mute 24hrs" means that, admin will not get notification if someone report the post in next 24hrs? 
Mark Gold badges on 12/23/21 at 03:43
i think @Guy Tibbert means that "muting" is to prevent the reported user of posting new content for likely 24H or 7 days (like facebook)
on 12/24/21 at 04:49 Edited
Yep, spot on.
on 12/31/21 at 07:10
Sorry, I didn't explain that very well.I didn't mean to mute the person complaining, I meant a "puniishment" for someone that keeps using bad language / racism etc.

So Bad Brian makes a very offensive post and Lovely Lois decides to report the post.
Admin sees the report - and agrees that Bad Brian should NOT have done this - but other than delete his account, what can Admin do to make Brian behave?

The idea of them being unable to Post anything public (mute) for 24 hours (for example) might be an idea. At the moment, just deleting the bad post seems "not enough" but deleting the entire account seems too severe.

Perhaps something a bit like the Facebook "24 hour / 3 day" ban (can still read, just not send) could be a useful thing to encourage persistent offenders to behave.

Hope that makes a little more sense.

As for the admin notification, when I am logged in as admin, it would be great if I saw a notification (top right of screen) if there was any thing that needed attention. I do not recall reported content sending a notification but I will check again.
Guy Tibbert Basic on 12/23/21 at 08:07
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.