It is not clear to me what the point of the Username vs Fullname.
There is an option to have "unique usernames" however if usernames are enabled they are not displayed anywhere - fullname is still the profile identifier etc.
Likewise the mandatory use of fullname is not good for sites that want their members to be anonymous.
What I am proposing is two changes.
1) The ability for Admins to have members use Username OR Fullname i.e. fullname is not mandatory.
2) IF Username is configured / selected as the primary (unique) identifier then Username replaces Fullname labels on Profile , Comments, Posts, etc

Comments (4)
100% agree. I was trying to figure out the point of having the username selection in a user's profile edit, when it does absolutely nothing at all. I think all it does is change the url to his profile. But the identifier remains the name he registered with. If there is a setting somewhere that we may be unaware of, please let us know. Thanks!
Mark  
I think we should add only one option into Edit profile below "username" field called "Replace my full name with this username at all places". What do you think?
mark  
Yep sounds good to me
Craig  
Good idea. I've had users complain they don't know how to tag a user because the full name is displayed but it is not used when trying to tag someone using the @
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.