Credit Payment Gateway and Recurring Subscriptions

I'm on:
  • Moo 3.1.3
  • Credit Plugin 1.8

With subscriptions and credits both enabled, I have some questions:
  • The subscription package price is labeled as USD.  Does this map directly to credits when the credit payment gateway is the only one enabled or does it go through the "currency exchange" under Credit settings?
  • How do I get the Credit system to show up as an available gateway when users are paying?  It shows blank for me right now.
    • 450_07909aafe94e4b967614edf31b2089cc.png

I am not finding any errors in my server logs to help me along...

Any thoughts on where my setup might be goofed?
scotchgypsy Basic on 10/04/20 at 23:31 in mooSocial features
4 Answer(s)
After digging through the code a bit, it looks like this is because the Credit system does not support recurring or trial subscriptions.

public function supportRecurring()
{
      return false;
}

public function supportTrial()
{
      return false;
}

Any plans to implement this in the future? 

I'm going to hack these to true right now to see what happens.  Would appreciate some guidance from Moo here, though, to let me know if I'm crazy and going to run into a bunch of problems.

Thanks!
scotchgypsy Basic on 10/05/20 at 00:17 Edited
  • The subscription package price is labeled as USD.  Does this map directly to credits when the credit payment gateway is the only one enabled or does it go through the "currency exchange" under Credit settings? 
-> it goes thru "currency exchange" under credit settings
  • How do I get the Credit system to show up as an available gateway when users are paying?  It shows blank for me right now.
-> it does not work with recurring type plan so that if you want it show up, please create ONE-TIME plan.

Regards,
Mark.
Mark Gold badges on 10/05/20 at 21:28
It a bit risky if you try to hack to make it work with recurring. We already have plan to add to next versions but it will take time for you to wait. If you need it urgent, please contact us for custom development to quick add.
Mark Gold badges on 10/05/20 at 21:30
It seems like a problem with all of this is that if a user's subscription has expired and they don't have enough credits to renew their subscription... there's no way for them to purchase additional credits.

If they could access the Credits page while having an expired subscription, this issue would go away.
scotchgypsy Basic on 10/06/20 at 09:50

ketkew Bronze badges

Or create a new page with all the credit widgets on it and make it available for guests. Then on the subscription info field create a link to that page. Would that work?
on 10/08/20 at 11:24 Edited

ketkew Bronze badges

Or put a button to buy credits directly, here is the html:

<a class="btn btn-action" title="Buy Credits" href="/credits/ajax_sell" data-target="#themeModal" data-toggle="modal">Buy Credits</a>
on 10/08/20 at 11:29
Thanks for the ideas - I think this will be required when subscriptions expire if the user hasn't earned enough credits to renew.

But... So far, everything has been functionally fine with my testing.
on 10/23/20 at 14:38
Thanks again on this. It has turned into a good number of changes sprinkled around to really get this where I want (lots of tweaks on the views to show credits instead of dollars).&lt;br&gt;<br>
&lt;br&gt;<br>
The biggest change needed (so the "ajax_sell" modal would display instead of being redirected to the subscription page) was this:
<pre><code>
--- a/app/Plugin/Subscription/Lib/SubListener.php
+++ b/app/Plugin/Subscription/Lib/SubListener.php
@@ -94,7 +94,8 @@ class SubListener implements C...  more
on 10/24/20 at 03:33 Edited
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.