Is there an idiots guide into configuring the mail please?

I can see how to edit and create specific messages for specific events, but not sure how to set the mail server settings up as it seems there is a default "built in" option.which I am hoping means I do not have to FTP back in to try to configure a mail server.

At the moment, I just want to be able to send signup verification links to people etc, but I am not sure if i need to create a POP3 and SMTP account first - or if the "built in" option does this automatically.

I searched the FAQ and videos but did not find a way to do this.I have a small but upgradable VPS so I think I can send as many emails as I need providing it is not spam, I just do not know what I have to do to configure the system - as the "Use the built in mail() system" suggests that it might work without me needing to set up a mail account.

Lastly, at the moment the system email is still set to admin@socialloft.com - if I change this, will it cause problems for Mark and the development team - or is this just a default that should be changed.

If there is an answer to this already somewhere, please just post a link and I will readd it there!

Sorry for the ongoing questions, but although this is Very Powerful and impressive software, there's quite a lot to guess at when there isn't a manual!

Many thanks
Guy Tibbert Basic on 01/26/22 at 00:58 in mooSocial features
1 Answer(s)
Hi Guy,

Please contact your hosting provider to ask for smtp account info then configure follow the document here https://moosocial.com/knowledge-base/setting-smtp-mail-settings-2/

Lastly, at the moment the system email is still set to admin@socialloft.com - if I change this, will it cause problems for Mark and the development team - or is this just a default that should be changed.
 -> Please change it to your email at settings page in admin panel, if someone sends a message using contact us form on your site, email will send to this email. 
Mark Gold badges on 01/27/22 at 01:59
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.