Home page unresponsive on certain accounts and group content vanished

On the Home Page, *some* accounts no longer have a working Profile Icon button (the top right avatar thing to let you see / edit profile info), also, the "What's New" feed no longer has the "Share What's new". This affects more than one account. the page is trying to do *something* as it looks as though it is "buffering" - but then stops.

Other accounts are working fine - but I am worried that multiple accounts seems to have become damaged at the same time. Not a cache issue - different browsers and different PCs yield same fault. Some accounts work, some don't.

Moving to another page (eg: Groups) DOES have a working top right Profile Icon for ALL accounts - which gives me hope that the accounts are not corrupted - but that there is some sort of issue on the Home Page.

Also, all of the content in the groups has been lost - after many hours of loading initial content, it all seems to have just vanished. Tens of hours of work - gone!

450_fdf990e08d49edd6b4c3a0b521490423.png

Is there a single common cause which might have caused this - it's frustrating at the moment to have to re-populate groups with "initial content", but the idea of having to do this again once the system is attracting real users and real content and not just friends and "beta testers" is worrying me.

I have bought the Platinum package - and extensive modifications so I DO realise a lot of work has been involved and that the teething problems can take a long time to solve - but I am worried about why things like "Group Content" should just vanish from multiple groups - and what is causing SOME accounts to no longer be able to post (no "Share what's new") in the newsfeed.

If anyone else has experienced these particular faults - and knows what the cause is, I would really appreciate knowing please - especially why content is being lost

Thank you.
Guy Tibbert Basic on 06/09/22 at 05:27 in mooSocial features
5 Answer(s)
Hello Guy

Your server. is your own server or are you using a ' Host Server '.
When i first started, i had my own server in my home office but after a several Tech issues i decided to use a 'Hosting Server company'.
Best decision i made. Financially and mentally.

Moosocial recommend 'Hostio' as there chosen hosting server company.
I use another one that i have been with for a few years $50 pm / £45pm.

reasons Why:
1, They automatically do site back-ups.
2, Manage all server tech issues that you may have.
3. added built in security against server hackers.
4, automatically keep server fully updated with latest Tech.
5, they can scale up server requirements suited to your sites needs for the future.
6, It is easier to upload plugins 'phpmy admin' or i use the 'isp Manager 6' version. I can upload a moosocial plugin in about 2 minutes and start using it on my site.
7, they can help clean your server of old unwanted junk.

If i still had my old server, i would have to do all that my self also if the server had issues, i would have to pay for a tech engineer to come and fix it £££££££££££

mikel.
Mikel Coreclark Basic on 06/14/22 at 14:18
Hi Mikel. I host with Black.Host which have offered amazing support so far - and other sites that I have with them on a SMALLER server, run faultlessly. I did look at other hosting companies BUT as MooSocial (and in fairness, most social media sites) can be very bandwidth hungry, unless you have amazing bandwidth deals, things can get crazily expensive quite quickly. My package really does allow for 300TB per month.

At the moment, it doesn't matter when a few users are playing around on the sys...  more
on 06/15/22 at 15:39
On the Home Page, *some* accounts no longer have a working Profile Icon button (the top right avatar thing to let you see / edit profile info), also, the "What's New" feed no longer has the "Share What's new". This affects more than one account. the page is trying to do *something* as it looks as though it is "buffering" - but then stops.
 -> This issue is fixed, it's related to Reaction plugin, it only happen if your hosting is not strong enough. We fixed the issue and will update reaction plugin also. 
Mark Gold badges on 06/14/22 at 05:29
Wow - I thought a two core server with 2 GB RAM, a few GB storage and a 1GBit connection would be strong enough while we only have about two users connected at a time?

Thank you for sorting the issue though.
on 06/14/22 at 10:42
Thank you. I have message the team and things seem to be working again - though the content of the groups seems to have stayed "gone".

Sadly, the backup / restore plugin was only recently installed - AND as they are actively working on the script, I cannot go to a backup or it will undo the mods they have installed.

I don't think (would love to be wrong), that there is any way to JUST backup (or JUST restore) to a specific plugin (eg: groups, recipes, property listings etc). I think it is pretty much "all or nothing", which I can accept.

It would just be good to be able to start populating groups / adding recipes, getting agents to list properties etc - but if content is *still* liable to be wiped at any point, I guess I need to hold off. Just keen to finally launch :)
Guy Tibbert Basic on 06/13/22 at 17:24
Hello Guy Tibbert

Several reasons come to mind with this issue. I have had similar issues on another script (not Moosocial script)
1, installed plugins
a, Sometimes, plugins that are not current versions to the script (example: v3.4 plugin and a v3.1.6 script) can sometimes throw settings or features out of sync or overwrite functions settings or tabs.
b, on occasions, plugins may not load properly. This can have an issue on the script.
2, Script Alterations or Custom work
Sometimes after script alterations or custom work may accidently change functions elsewhere. This may not mean the functions do not work, just that the visibility of the tab/function is not showing or function tab has been moved to another location.
3, 3rd Party Plugin Products
Ive had issues with 3rd party products that are not fully compatible to the script version. or not have been tested fully. This has caused many issues on my old site (not moosocial site) in the past.
4, Admin Settings. ive had issues where i have not correctly had settings right. this made the site seem not to work. I had Techs take a look and all it took was to set the settings in the correct position.

Best thing to do is:
a, Check your hosting server company for your 'saved backups' to a time before the issue. It should still have all the work you did.
b, put a support ticket in to the moosocial tech team. give them time to check over your site and see where the problem is. It could just be as simple as resetting a command function or finding an actual system error (still fixable) in 'Groups' or a related plugin.
c, be prepared to take a step back with an earlier backup version of your site. Sometimes this is a faster fix, (annoying, but it works).

Hope this help giving you ideas about this and other possible issues in future

Mikel.
Mikel Coreclark Basic on 06/10/22 at 11:38
Hello Guy Tibbert

Several reasons come to mind with this issue. I have had similar issues on another script (not Moosocial script)
1, installed plugins
a, Sometimes, plugins that are not current versions to the script (example: v3.4 plugin and a v3.1.6 script) can sometimes throw settings or features out of sync or overwrite functions settings or tabs.
b, on occasions, plugins may not load properly. This can have an issue on the script.
2, Script Alterations or Custom work
Sometimes after script alterations or custom work may accidently change functions elsewhere. This may not mean the functions do not work, just that the visibility of the tab/function is not showing or function tab has been moved to another location.
3, 3rd Party Plugin Products
Ive had issues with 3rd party products that are not fully compatible to the script version. or not have been tested fully. This has caused many issues on my old site (not moosocial site) in the past.
4, Admin Settings. ive had issues where i have not correctly had settings right. this made the site seem not to work. I had Techs take a look and all it took was to set the settings in the correct position.

Best thing to do is:
a, Check your hosting server company for your 'saved backups' to a time before the issue. It should still have all the work you did.
b, put a support ticket in to the moosocial tech team. give them time to check over your site and see where the problem is. It could just be as simple as resetting a command function or finding an actual system error (still fixable) in 'Groups' or a related plugin.
c, be prepared to take a step back with an earlier backup version of your site. Sometimes this is a faster fix, (annoying, but it works).

Hope this help giving you ideas about this and other possible issues in future

Mikel.
Mikel Coreclark Basic on 06/10/22 at 11:36
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.