GDPR Compatible patch release

Install this patch to enable users to delete all the data relating their accounts by themselves to made your mooSocial based community to comply with European Union’s set of regulations “General Data Protection Regulation” (GDPR).

We will release other patch file that will include feature that allow members can download a copy of data soon. Will update at this topic when it's released.

Please go to Client Area to download file then update your site accordingly

+ "Patch for 3.0.0 - GDPR - delete account rule.zip" for mooSocial 3.0.0 version
+ "Patch for 3.0.1 - GDPR - delete account rule.zip" for mooSocial 3.0.1 version

If you're using lower version, please contact us we will help you update.

+ Mobile Apps: this update only works with mobi app 1.2, it's not available on 1.1 and below versions

+ DO NOT upgrade your live site until you have a full backup of your site’s files and have successfully performed a test upgrade on your development (test) site first.

Regards,

mooSocial Team
Posted in Announcements on 05/23/18 at 03:06
Comments (18)
Mark  
You can recover from backup. All serious sites have auto backup system
ketkew  
Correct, but you suggested this: https://prnt.sc/j78vun so we thought that it was implemented
Mark  
ketkew we do not implemented as discussed, I think backup can do the job already.

GeorgiosT if you don't want to allow member can delete immediately, you can modify to hide "Delete my account" option. Change text "Deactivate my account" -> to "Delete my account" and you have to manually delete when getting the deactivation request.
Mark  
ketkew actually, the "Deactivate my account" already does the same what we has discussed, you only need to change wording of the popup message in http://prntscr.com/jlxnua . However, you have to review all requests and delete manually.
Mark  
I think you guys also update the Privacy page on your own site to make it comply with new rules. I saw that many sites already updated.
ketkew  
Yup I did already. But more important is that before entering the website a message should be displayed with information about the privacy policy. So what I did it tweaking the cookie popup and add the privacy statement with an URL to our policy. See screenshot. I would like to add a more fancy solution (overlay), but that's for later.
Mark  
https://gdprchecklist.io/ is checklist that can help you be in compliance with the GDPR rules. Hope it helps.
Gentlemen from tomorrow that the regulation will apply if a member, asking for a copy of his or her data, from the site and does not get an answer, can go legal and severe fines are imposed on the owners
Mark Why did I install it? patch if it is to make these changes

And first it was ok

I do not see what the installation has benefited from

with the requirements of the new regulation

Linked to what @GeorgiosT says, even if (e.g.) I should ask to download my personal data from this website, I mean, as I said, it's just to get an example. This should not be underestimated, because as has already been explained, these new regulations represent a paradigm shift in privacy laws worldwide.
hello i dont find these files in my area...
Mark  
Matteo Curto please submit ticket.
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.