Road map for mooSocial 3.2

1. Add search message option
2. Option to crop thumb photos for items like blog, event...
3. Comments and reply sort issue as reported by Mike
4. Option to for conversation owner can remove member from his/her conversation
5. Option to search conversation
6. Youtube URL Embed Option in Topic Comments + auto parse link in comment
7. Profile Type Duplication
8. Check openstreetmaps to see if we can replace it with google api
9. Upload logo section in admin panel: Add a recommended logo size to tell admin best size for logo to upload
10. Change password improvement: password reset link had an expiry to it .. like 1 hour.
11. Ask member enter password before deleting an account
12. Option to enable/disable language, curently only can delete installed language if admin want to remove it
13. Distance search support for plugins that has location info.
14. Option to switch from google api to openstreetmaps for all plugins
15. Option to import states to existing countries in country manager section (admin panel)
16. Option to hide "everyone" activity tab at feed and apps
17. Delete group should auto change owner to admin
18. If memberA shared a photo + text -> text should also appear if memberB view A's photo in theater mode
19. View photos full screen an can zoom + download
20. View privacy setting for gender, age...
21. Can post youtube video without api key
22. Show new profile picture on feed after member change it
23. Group plugin: permission setting for members
24. Upload cover pictures to groups
25. Create a unified location search across all core and paid plugins that use location. Users just enter their location and how far to search and it show everything that is nearby to them such as event, businesses, classified listings, other members if you use who near me etc.
26.  Improve the "about" field at profile. In case a user has filled in the "about" section, please display this on a more "fancy" way to people who visit a user profile. I have tweaked this for my community (check screenshot), but I think this would be more nicer to have this standard.  
28. Fix some found bugs

Timeline:  4 months
Posted in Announcements on 05/12/19 at 06:52
Comments (31)
Mark  
See more details about sharing video without google api key in attached screenshot.
ketkew  
Maybe an option to login with an username instead of email address (or both) would be nice
Mike  
October now ?
Eric  
This is what bothers me animal updates always come so that you always have to buy an extension each time I'm glad that I no longer need to break my nerves with moosocial need
Mike  
Well we are all slowly approaching the end of the year ..
So will make a letter to Santa

1) Give us a development plan for 2020 whether we know where we are going.

2) Stop coming out with plugins,(after even manager) optimize those that exist, I do not speak of speed I speak of user experience.
There is enough plugin now it is high time to improve.

3) The basic theme is now 6 years old .. without any improvement, this menu bar up, she has a loock of the year 2000.
Basic theme is very easy t...  more
This will probably be too late for version 3.2, but maybe you should work on the following things in perspective:
- What I have found in all the modules (Core, but also AddOns), is that the uploaded photos are stored in different sizes, but not compressed. If I chase TinyPNG (https://tinypng.com/) over it, file shrinkage in sizes of 60-70% is achieved. Of course, with php, such an optimum can not be easily achieved, but even if you set the quality level to 80%, you would achieve a lot and also ...  more
Mike  
Hum...
In regard of this question :
https://community.moosocial.com/questions/view/376/how-do-i-find-what-version-i-am-using

Yesterday I lost time looking for my version number in the admin.
Then I find this subject, so just a precision:

You can remove all the "moosocial" of the code that will not change the fact that we find all the sites under moo quite easily, because precisely, the search which allows to find the sites under google has absolutely nothing to do with the word moosocial.

Her...  more
Mike  
02/10 -> "We will remove some of items in the list to get the new version out soon, I will update the list soon"

21/10 -> Almost 3 weeks now ... can we have news ?
hello, the new mooSocial version is then in the default theme even with the current bootstrap (4.3.1), currently the 3.2.0 is still included.
Eric  
has ever done anything here or wait from all the users have to repay the updates
Robert  
about 21. Can post youtube video without API key will members be able to post their live youtube video?
Mike  
Sorry for bumping but ....

"25. Create a unified location search across all core and paid plugins that use location. Users just enter their location and how far to search and it show everything that is nearby to them such as event, businesses, classified listings, other members if you use who near me etc."

Has this been done ? I would have missed this ?
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.