How to migrate site to another hosting company

Hello

i want to migrate my moosocial site to another host. I have backups of the files and of the databases. I FTP the files to the new provider, and re-created the databases from the backup.  i changed the database parameters in the config.php.  But still: my site wont show, error 500.

Did i do something wrong?

Like to hear from you guys, cause its really frustrating

regards

Henri
Posted in Community Support on 04/04/16 at 03:42
Comments (5)
Eddie  
I would get the mooSocial team to walk you through this as your configure files and DB will still think your at the old server location.
What I would do is start a new fresh install on the new server. Rebuild the database and configure files with users, comments, etc. DB - break it down into tables so you don't over-ride any configures for the new server and insert into DB.
Never over ride old server files with new, or use old files for new. Design files are okay but not configure files. Plugin...  more
Eddie  
What would be nice is a migration tool on setup like "are you changing location of the server" then it will rewrite all files to the new location. You could do this by a step system which will store in a temp file then once its been clone to the new server you can go to the next step with all your new settings. This way you can just clone lol.

with Mark and mooSupport
Thanx @eddie, i will try this scenario
Hi motorminded,
Thanks for your report, please make sure all require set permisons olders is set.
, and check all moosocial server requireIf you sr sitetill not working, please submit a ticket for my company.
Thanks,
Kemoosupport
There has to be an easier way
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.