Map & Member

Mark et al,

We got this from one of the groups we support. In talking to other groups, we found this function has a huge potential. Maybe MooSocial should consider making it an addon.

The idea is to let everyone see his / her friends or fellow group members by map.

If one enters an address (like home address, or an address he is visiting), the system will display people who are living nearby. If the person is a friend or group member, display the telephone number.

Also, on the page that shows map, add an easy to use Invite to Join button for the user to add more people.

This is a high level illustration.

We recommend this because:
1) it will make the community really fun to be with. Imagine if I am a member, traveling to a new city, and will be able to look people up and schedule a time for coffee, or a drink or a dinner.

Imagine how long this will keep users on our app or site. The longer they stay, the more it helps Google Analytics.

2) MooSocial is already using Google Map. Why not adding something to make it more useful.

3) It builds a very strong community.

4) This will motivate existing members to invite and add their friends to join the network. Something we all like very much.

The data needed is 

• Address;
  • telephone number and 
  • privacy control.
What do you think?

Jing

Posted in Feature Suggestions on 10/09/17 at 03:42
Comments (8)
Mark  
Great suggestion Jing Gu, it can be developed as a plugin.
Mark  
I'm a bit confused about "Invite to join" button, please explain more.
Jing Gu  
Mark, just add a button here to call today's invite function. No need to build anything new for this. But make sure the user experience is very smooth.
Jing Gu  
Mark, this one being discussed, looks very much like the one we talk about here. Maybe we just join force. https://community.moosocial.com/topics/view/1656/geo-location-check-ins-proximity-search-plugin-for-moosocial
Mark  
Got it, thanks for details, will add this plugin.
My experience with this https://community.moosocial.com/topics/view/1656/geo-location-check-ins-proximity-search-plugin-for-moosocial is that it completely removes and replaces the people page and search function of your site, so that the only thing searchable is locations. Any other profile fields that you want searchable cannot be added. (unless he fixed that since I tried it). He was kind enough to give me a refund.
@Mike Reynolds. We have added profile fields search-ability in our plugin on people page.
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.