Ticket selling system discussion

Let's discuss about the feature of ticket selling system here. 
Posted in Feature Suggestions on 11/01/18 at 04:33
Comments (11)
ketkew  
1. How to verify tickets on the event itself? (scan barcode? It should be a direct connection to the database)

2. How to prevent fraud? ex. one user is able to buy 100 tickets and resell it for the price 200% higher then the actual price. (option: tickets should be sold based on real name printed on the ticket). Also set max number of tickets per person per event.

3. Who is receiving the money and on which way? And commission?

4. Paypal only payment is not an option.

5. let me think some mo...  more
ketkew  
Selling tickets would be not the problem.. how can the organization assure that the people get entrance based on ticket which have been bought? This can only be checked if a barcode on the ticket is scanned and checked on validity in the database. So on the event itself, one or multiple barcode scanners needs to be connected to the mooSocial database and do the work. And the mooplugin must response on the input of the barcode scanner (green = ok you have entrance, red = reference number is not t...  more
ketkew  
Don't get me wrong, creating such plugin is really but you really need to consider all options really careful, because you don't want to be involved in fraud scenario's or a system which gives problems at the day of the event, while tens/hundreds or maybe thousands of people are complaining about a ticket system which lacks of functionality.

I did see this once on a event (it was a self programmed ticket system), after the events.. the owners were declared bankrupt due to this.
Mike  
No interest for me, if I sell a ticket and then there are problems I am responsible for a criminal point of view because I am the seller.
Not to mention that it will also need a record for the tax, number of tickets sold, commissions etc .. what a nightmare lol
ketkew already said everything else, he's 100% right
Mark  
wow, it's not easy to create a serious selling system. What is your idea if site owner of mooSocial site want to sell a ticket for event? May be a external link in event's detailed page where member can click on to buy ticket ?
Mike  
Hum...
it depends, it's not just a technical problem, so how it's done is not the most important.

Case 1
I am an admin of a site, I propose events and I would like to add a ticket system
What kind of events? a concert ? a public demonstration? a living room ?
Is it me who manages organization of event ?
Do I have the exclusivity of ticket sales for this operation ?
If it's not, good luck from a legal point of view for all the boredom that can come from it, duplicate tickets, invalid ticke...  more
ketkew  
True true Michel . Mark what you suggest would probably the best solution (create an external link to the ticket page). I know a few people in my personal network who are owner of events (festivals/club/bar & sports) and all of them are using well known ticket providers (like ticketmaster) who are specialized to handle crowded events.
Mark  
Ticket can be considered a physical product so that I think apple will not take a commission.
Mike  
Mark i just watch at apple i think you're right, it's seems there are no comissions on tickets just on subscriptions ..
I find this ticket sales comparator with a third party, I do not know if it can help but at least there is a nice list of all suppliers

http://socialcompare.com/fr/comparison/comparatif-des-solutions-logiciel-de-billetterie-en-ligne
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.