Stop group post activities from showing in news feed

I know that there is a way to do this, but I have no idea how. What we want to do is remove group posts from the What's New newsfeed. Obviously private and restricted do not display in the newsfeed, but we don't want any of the public group posts to echo in the newsfeed either. Just to be clear, we still want the group creation to show up in the feed, but we just don't want to see the activity posts from the groups in the general newsfeed. Please tell me where and which line of code I need to remove to make this happen. Thanks
Posted in How To on 08/01/19 at 02:17
Comments (4)
I know that there is a way to do this, but I have no idea how. What we want to do is remove group posts from the What's New newsfeed. Obviously private and restricted do not display in the newsfeed, but we don't want any of the public group posts to echo in the newsfeed either. Just to be clear, we still want the group creation to show up in the feed, but we just don't want to see the activity posts from the groups in the general newsfeed. Please tell me where and which line of code I need to re...  more
Mark  
We need to modify the script a bit if you want to do this. There 2 two ways to modify:

1. Does not allow member to post a public group.
2. Remove the "Everyone" tab at new feed, make the "Friends & me" tab as default tab. See attach screenshot.

Contact us if you want to make this change. It's fast.

At next mooSocial version, we will add an option that allow member to hide the "Everyone" tab in admin panel.
Option 1.... Does that mean that members can't post in groups at all? That kind of defeats the whole concept of a group. All we want to do is not echo posts in groups to the newsfeed. There must be a specific action for echoing group posts to the feed that can just be cancelled out. Like this sort of thing:
Everyone Newsfeed includes:
Photos - Yes
Status - Yes
Recipes - Yes
Group Posts - No
Classified Posts - Yes... and so on

Does that make sense?
Hey Mark. Did you get my email? Just asking as I have been having issues with my email and wanted to make sure you received it. Thanks.
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.