Moving moosocial to new server & new folder

I've been running moosocial for about a year but need to move it to another server.   Read the article located here: https://moosocial.com/knowledge-base/how-to-move-your-moosocial-site-to-another-server/ and followed the directions. 

The problem I run into is because I'm running moosocial from a different folder/path, it looks like CakePHP is still looking in the old location. 

So what I've done is installed and configured moosocial on the new server in the correct folder but when I copy over the old files and folder structure, it reverts back to CakePHP being configured 

Is there folders or files I should not copy over that will allow this to work?     
Posted in Community Support on 09/26/19 at 14:43
Comments (3)
ketkew  
What I have done so far always, is using the backup/restore plugin for this.
You can backup your old site (all files/folders/database) from the moo admin.

Then install a fresh new moosocial including backup plugin... upload the backup file .. and restore it.
The problem I run into is because I'm running moosocial from a different folder/path, it looks like CakePHP is still looking in the old location. => Can you capture a screenshot ? Maybe it relates to the cache issue . I suggest that you need to set "System mode" is "Development 2" before migrating database and files to new server .
I tried several times back in October 2019 when this was originally written and again recently and it was just now that I was successfully able to transfer my running moosocial site to another service and here's what I think helped.

1) putting the system in development 2 before backing anything up
2) deleted the files in app/tmp/cache/persistent (but I'm not sure this was necessary)
3) copying the .htaccess file which wasn't copied by default

Moving the .htaccess file is what worked for...  more
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.