New in mooSocial 2.6.0: Remote Cloud Storage, Content Delivery Network and PHP 7 Compatibility

mooSocial just got a new update! We are proud to let you know the availability of mooSocial version 2.6.0. The theme of this version is Cloud, Speed and more Speed. Along with few minor updates and bug fixes, this version’s major improvements are Remote Cloud Storage, Content Delivery Network and PHP 7 Compatibility.

Amazon Simple Storage Service (AWS S3) is now supported. Scale your site storage into the cloud beyond your server’s network speed and local storage capacity. With S3 designed to deliver 99.999999999% durability, 99.99% availability and scale past trillions of objects worldwide, you no longer need to worry about data loss or server’s limitation. You can now focus on growing your mooSocial community with mega contents and stop worrying where they should be stored.

Turn up the speed of your mooSocial community site with Amazon CloudFront Content Delivery Network (CDN). CDN is now supported! It works seamlessly with S3 cloud storage or local storage. Using CDN to bring your data closer to your users will accelerate your site’s delivery. Regardless how geographically dispersed your users are, requests for your content are automatically routed to the nearest CloudFront’s edge location, so content is delivered with the best possible performance. With CDN, your site is practically running nearby of your users. 

mooSocial run efficient and much faster with PHP 7. Long were the days of PHP 6. Wait… was there...?!? It is estimated that PHP 7 offers a 100 percent improvement in performance speed over PHP 5.6. PHP7 places substantially less demands on servers. Give mooSocial a try on PHP7, you will see a world of improvement on speed.

Below is a list of minor improvements and bug fixes included in this version. Be brave! Let us know immediately if you spot any bugs in our script or have any improvement suggestions. We will be glad to look into them and hopefully to include in upcoming versions for everyone. 

Improvements:

Bug Fixes:
  • Home page and topic or blog items on main menu are highlight when user click into a topic or blog have title "home page” 
  • Cannot edit a post when switch to other tabs on Home page
  • Should redirect user to home page after blocking another user. Show user blocked message 
  • Six Cyrillic alphabet issues 
  • Broken layout of People may you know widget 
  • Friends and Mutual friend widget issues
  • Prevent member blocking site admin
  • Prevent admin to delete default "Photo Image Sizes" (75_square|150_square|300_square|250|450|850|1500) in General setting 
  • Can not upload video because folder of sys_get_temp_dir() not writable by Apache process's user 
  • When user click a link shared from status, it links to a wrong page
  • All notifications are still grayed when user 'mark as read’ 
  • Update default selected language of users to en after a language is deleted by admin. 
  • Empty page when using XSS to username 
  • Unable to get image after parsing a link 
  • People You May Know widget is broken on ipad

Please Note: 
  • All add-ons (themes and plugins) are being worked on to make them compatible with mooSocial 2.6.0. This process will take about 1-2 weeks to complete. Therefore, if you are using any add-ons, please make sure they are "2.6.0 compatible" before upgrading your site and your plugins. 
  • Mobile Apps still does not work well mooSocial on PHP 7. Please only use PHP 5.4 and up if you want to upgrade your "mobile apps enabled" site to 2.6.0. An announcement will be made once Mobile Apps are compatible with PHP 7. 
  • DO NOT upgrade your live site until you have a full backup of your site’s files, database and have successfully performed a test upgrade on your development (test) site first.

We hope you will enjoy this new update as much as we’ve enjoyed baking it. Do let us know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions for this version below.

Regards,
mooSocial Team
Posted in Announcements on 03/22/17 at 22:31
Comments (46)
Any idea when the plugins are going to be compatible with 2.6.0 / PHP7? It says in the post 1 to 2 weeks, it's now nearly 3 weeks and I don't see a single plugin has been updated. Any news on this?
Mark  
There are some found bugs from 2.6.0 and we're focusing on 2.6.1 first then will focus on plugins. Sorry for delay everyone. As I said before, all plugins will work week with 2.6.0 if you do not switch to php7, so that you can upgrade now if you wanted.
I'm actually setting up a new dedicated server with PHP7 to move my site over to. So I'm just waiting on 100% compatibility with PHP7
Is there an ETA for 2.6.1? Thanks!
Mark  
will be around next week. A lot of found bugs are fixed and a few improvements are added.

By the way, a few plugins are compatible with 2.6.x, we will post the list soon. Working hard now here to make all of them ready for 2.6.x
First it was "all plugins will work with 2.6.0 if you do not switch to php7" on 4/13/2017

Well I have a lot of plugins, and I upgraded to 2.6.0 based on that statement.

Now it's "By the way, a few plugins are compatible with 2.6.x, we will post the list soon. Working hard now here to make all of them ready for 2.6.x" on 4/22/2017

I don't mind waiting a long time for development, and I would hope that part of that waiting is for thorough and complete testing before making statements that all ...  more
Mark  
I meant we're testing all of plugins on php7 and amazon S3. I stated very clearly that all plugins will work well on 2.6 if you do not switch your php to 7 and enable amazon S3.
Mark  
All plugins work well after upgrading right Mike Reynolds ? No major issue
No. Video uploads are not completing. Kent is working on it. Not sure if it's an incompatibility or not.
Guess my misunderstanding was on your second statement that is not clear about "with php7 / S3"
Thanks Mark, I appreciate the response. I started with a fresh install of 2.6 on a server running PHP7. I'm in limbo at the moment as I would like to use the Amazon s3 storage service, as well as one of the plugins. Currently that isn't possible. I'm looking forward to the update in the near future.
I have not understood yet I can do upgrade The site in 2.6.0
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.