mooSocial just got a new update! We are proud to let you know the availability of mooSocial version 2.6.0. The theme of this version is Cloud, Speed and more Speed. Along with few minor updates and bug fixes, this version’s major improvements are Remote Cloud Storage, Content Delivery Network and PHP 7 Compatibility.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (AWS S3) is now supported. Scale your site storage into the cloud beyond your server’s network speed and local storage capacity. With S3 designed to deliver 99.999999999% durability, 99.99% availability and scale past trillions of objects worldwide, you no longer need to worry about data loss or server’s limitation. You can now focus on growing your mooSocial community with mega contents and stop worrying where they should be stored.
Turn up the speed of your mooSocial community site with Amazon CloudFront Content Delivery Network (CDN). CDN is now supported! It works seamlessly with S3 cloud storage or local storage. Using CDN to bring your data closer to your users will accelerate your site’s delivery. Regardless how geographically dispersed your users are, requests for your content are automatically routed to the nearest CloudFront’s edge location, so content is delivered with the best possible performance. With CDN, your site is practically running nearby of your users.
mooSocial run efficient and much faster with PHP 7. Long were the days of PHP 6. Wait… was there...?!? It is estimated that PHP 7 offers a 100 percent improvement in performance speed over PHP 5.6. PHP7 places substantially less demands on servers. Give mooSocial a try on PHP7, you will see a world of improvement on speed.
Below is a list of minor improvements and bug fixes included in this version. Be brave! Let us know immediately if you spot any bugs in our script or have any improvement suggestions. We will be glad to look into them and hopefully to include in upcoming versions for everyone.
- Use queue for push notification
- Allow site admin set default setting for group member to get notification from group
- Friend search similar to facebook- option to search within your friends list
- Enable google Captcha for sharing by email and invite emails popup
- Remove all group and event feed from main newsfeed and profile newsfeed for non-member
- Home page and topic or blog items on main menu are highlight when user click into a topic or blog have title "home page”
- Cannot edit a post when switch to other tabs on Home page
- Should redirect user to home page after blocking another user. Show user blocked message
- Six Cyrillic alphabet issues
- Broken layout of People may you know widget
- Friends and Mutual friend widget issues
- Prevent member blocking site admin
- Prevent admin to delete default "Photo Image Sizes" (75_square|150_square|300_square|250|450|850|1500) in General setting
- Can not upload video because folder of sys_get_temp_dir() not writable by Apache process's user
- When user click a link shared from status, it links to a wrong page
- All notifications are still grayed when user 'mark as read’
- Update default selected language of users to en after a language is deleted by admin.
- Empty page when using XSS to username
- Unable to get image after parsing a link
- People You May Know widget is broken on ipad
- All add-ons (themes and plugins) are being worked on to make them compatible with mooSocial 2.6.0. This process will take about 1-2 weeks to complete. Therefore, if you are using any add-ons, please make sure they are "2.6.0 compatible" before upgrading your site and your plugins.
- Mobile Apps still does not work well mooSocial on PHP 7. Please only use PHP 5.4 and up if you want to upgrade your "mobile apps enabled" site to 2.6.0. An announcement will be made once Mobile Apps are compatible with PHP 7.
- DO NOT upgrade your live site until you have a full backup of your site’s files, database and have successfully performed a test upgrade on your development (test) site first.
We hope you will enjoy this new update as much as we’ve enjoyed baking it. Do let us know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions for this version below.