Removal of posts from groups out of the What's New Feed

I know that there is a way to do this, but I have no idea how. What we want to do is remove group posts from the What's New newsfeed. Obviously private and restricted do not display in the newsfeed, but we don't want any of the public group posts to echo in the newsfeed either. Please tell me where and which line of code I need to remove to make this happen. Thanks
Posted in Plugins on 08/01/19 at 01:28
Comments (3)
I know that there is a way to do this, but I have no idea how. What we want to do is remove group posts from the What's New newsfeed. Obviously private and restricted do not display in the newsfeed, but we don't want any of the public group posts to echo in the newsfeed either. Just to be clear, we still want the group creation to show up in the feed, but we just don't want to see the activity posts from the groups in the general newsfeed. Please tell me where and which line of code I need to re...  more
Hi Peter.

Did you ever find out how to do this please? The What's New feed really needs more control (show group feeds? show friend posts?, show stranger posts?, show new videos?, ideally with a number limit for each too.

At the moment, there is no way to have the ability for them to "Have Their Say" and write something, without first displaying a whole ton of stuff on the screen.
Got to your admin
system admin
system settings
activity feeds setting
Please Un-check to remove activity item from "what's new" page

hope this helps
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.