Fund Raising / Crowd Funding Add-On

My site is a free site funded by voluntary contributions. I would love to see a fund raising add-on.

For example:

If I want to present to my members the possibility of publishing mobile apps for the site. But it needs funding. We can create fund raising campaigns, sort of like creating an event, with thumnail, description, and that would provide a "contribute" button via PayPal. The campaign owner simple puts in his PayPal email so that the contribute button goes to a page where contributor fills in the amount he wishes to contribute, then it goes to the PayPal payment form.

Another Example:
Maybe a hot new mooSocial plugin is published, but I don't have the funds to buy it. I create a fund raising campaign for it with the fund raising plugin, and when the funds are raised, I can buy the plugin.

If mooSocial devs would like to see an example of such a plugin I have on my Oxwall site, they can PM me and I'll give them access to the site to have a look. 

Posted in Feature Suggestions on 08/11/16 at 18:41
Comments (5)
Mark  
okay, will add this plugin. Thanks for your suggestions
ketkew  
Mark is this plugin in development yet? I like it when the funds can be earned by donating credits to the fundraiser.. And show a counter to the fund so users can see if the fund has been reached
Eric  
our site will be converted at the end of the year
and should help disabled children fulfill their heart's desires by donating
I had such a suggestion before
but it was logged off with a html block with paypal
but here, for each child, specific donations should be collected with his heart's desire.
ketkew  
The problem is with paypal donations (or other payment systems) that nobody can see the funds status except the person who raise the fund because it is hosted outside the moo network. This is not transparant as you must trust the fundraiser. Therefore I would like to use the credit system for this in combination with a new crowdfund plugin because it's integrated with moo both then. In my network im gonna introduce credits without earning them by likes, create blog or whatever. No, people only...  more
I'd like to do this too ketkew as well as help for my site... It's getting expensive anymore, so I need help as well... BTW, I'm back in the hospital for the 3rd time this month, so it's eating me up financially... I have room to host anyone interested too, and that would help too!
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.