Comment Refresh - AJAX

Hi all, this maybe a good idea for comment post to update by AJAX jQuery refresh.

Example I'm using the comment text area in the news feed. It will not refresh this area just the comments below; let’s say ever 30-60 sec's. Plus any other news feeds too. The position will stay the same until I refresh the page. This could also be used in topics, blogs, etc.

Posted in Feature Suggestions on 02/29/16 at 10:35
Comments (13)
Thank you for suggesting! -with mooTechnicalTeam
CJ  
Yeah, this would be awesome. Even a popup notification like Facebook that there is an updated comment or new post would be fantastic.
Eddie  
@CJ, don't want a popup notification like facebook; this would be another topic. This would work on real time no need for popups.
DH  
i fucking hate that poppup
Eddie  
mooTechnicalTeam, what are the chances of this happening guys?
Do you want something same as realtime comment ? If yes , the web browser need to call an ajax request every one second , then it will make to many request to your server and your server load will be high . It can make your server crash or your website will be too slow to load.
Eddie  
No not every second lol
What I mean would it be possible to only have What's New activities update without refresh. Only the page loaded without pressing the Load More button. Maybe 30-60 seconds or will this still cause to much of a server load?

Ideally the layout would be better in a pinterest format then you can comment on any of the pins that look good - mooTechnicalTeam
Josh  
Comment refresh without refreshing the entire page is a must have! Just like in FB when users are commenting on a pic the other users no need to refresh the page to see the new comment, it shows instantly right there.

...if this is possible in FB i don't see why not with moosocial. Bandwidth is not an issue with me.
Josh  
Are there any updates on Real-Time-Commenting plugin?
ketkew  
This would be a killer update! But a lot of work to achieve I guess..
Mark  
Yes, not an easy task, will consider but it will not high priority feature to add.
No login
Login or register to post your comment
Cookies on mooCommunity - Social Networking Script.
This site uses cookies to store your information on your computer.